The Concoction

An Ethiopian woman's musings on Africa, the world and everything in between

Groove section
Currently praising...
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      Similar artists
      • African Music Encyclopedia
      • NPR's World Music feed
      • Supporting
        ENOUGH

      • Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      • Books
        Topics
        www.flickr.com
        This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Fikirte's travels. Make your own badge here.
        Global Voices Online - The world is talking. Are you listening?
        Thursday, January 11, 2007
        Five things - about me?
        I admit, I can be so slow sometimes. I read Sokari's post on 5 things, read my blogsite's name mentioned at the end and two days later it hit me. Oh my gosh, I was tagged. So here are five things about me.

        1. I can be sloooow.

        2. I collect tea pots - which come with a matching cup as a base for the pot. Those. A brother of a friend, who crushed my New Year's party commented that my kitchen "looks like Starbucks" with all the tea pots. Now I'm going around asking, "Does this look too much like a Starbucks shop?"

        3. I had more cultural shock coming from Europe to America than from Ethiopia to Europe. Go figure.

        4. I draw and paint when depressed.

        5. The coolest thing I ever owned was my first car - a bright red, 1957 Opel Record. You can make 5 Kias and a scooter from the metal of that car. I had to use two hands and the left shoulder to even open the door.

        Now the fun part of tagging. Let's here it from Meskel Square, Swamp Cottage, Jewels in the Jungle, Weichegud and Pernille
        posted by Fikirte @ 11:37 PM   Digg!
        1 Comments:
        • name<="c116965232256766075" id="c116965232256766075">

          At 10:25 AM, Blogger BRE said…

          I just saw this meme reference to "Jewels in the Jungle" today Fikirte, sorry about the delay in responding. I almost never talk about myself at my blog but I am interested in giving it go with the "5 Things About Me" meme. Give me some time to buildup my courage. O.K., I'm ready.

          5 Things About Me by BRE:

          #1. I am a coward when it comes to some things...

          #2. Hmmm, let me think. Oh yeah, I love to collect handmade art and crafts. As a matter of fact at one time I represented some of the best artists and craftspeople in Europe who created pieces from glass, wood, ceramic, and metal.

          #3. I can't dance (well) even though I'm black. The girls of my younger years loved me anyway for my brains and kindness and most of all for my good lucks and my 1962 Baby Blue Chevy Impala convertable.

          #4. I love to read books and have a fantastic collection but it takes me forever to finish a book. I read for pleasure mainly at night before I go to sleep and often lose my place while dozing off. Then I have to start all over again.

          #5. I am a clean freak and everything has it's place in my home but my office looks like something out of a Mad Professor film. I shop for groceries and can cook as well as a 5-star chef, I clean floors and windows and the bathroom, wash and iron, repair stuff around the house, you name it but I can't sew on a button without assistance.

          Ironing clothes is my favorite form of meditation and I even iron & fold my undershorts. I guess that I'm much like the character Mr. Monk in that popular U.S. TV series by the same name when it comes to cleanliness and order but sometimes I behave like Louis Gosset Jr. in "An Officer and a Gentleman". We guys like to talk tough and be in charge, you know.

          How am I doing? Want to know more? Forget it.

           
        Post a Comment
        << Home
         
        The face of VAW

        Kamilat - victim of acid burning The face of VAW - violence against women. It should and can be stopped with enough commitment. Helping one woman at a time is a start.
        Go to the blog
      • VAW - Do something!
      • Also blogging at
        Feeds, links and such
        Previously on The Concoction...
        Archives
        News on Africa
        Blogs on Africa
        On development
        Western development agencies
        Others
        Template by

        Free Blogger Templates

        BLOGGER